Thursday, January 20, 2011

8th grade student creates #1 iphone game

When I was in 8th grade I was trying to make sure I did not sweat through my shirt, let my voice crack in front of girls, or smell like milk past its expiration date. What happened to 8th grade? Now there are kids like Robert Nay of Spanish Fork, Utah who refer to themselves as a coder. Robert is famous for creating the #1 ranked game on iphone as of January 2011 and he is in the 8th grade. His new iphone game he has created called "Bubble Ball" has even taken over the famous "Angry Birds" game that most people have stored on their smart phones. I am thirty-one years old and I have 2 documents pending on my printer right now that I can not get deleted off and I spend much of my day trying to keep my 2 year old from stuffing a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in the printer. In 8th grade Robert should still be struggling with a changing voice, having embarrassing feelings about his teachers, and asking his parents to drop him off at the mall to cruse for chicks. What 8th grade student has been creating video games long enough to create a #1 seller on the iphone by 8th grade. Where are the child labor laws on Apple? When I was in 8th grade I was showing my friends how to blow into the original Nintendo when it would freeze up and I was considered a technology genius. Oh how life has changed and it scares me as a father of a 2 year old. Technology is speeding up our world and now our children. Hey Robert when you get done signing autographs on your iphone can you swing by and fix my printer?
From the beach.......Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment