Thursday, January 20, 2011

25th Anniversary of Super Bowl Shuffle

Wow it is hard to believe that this year is the 25th anniversary of the Chicago Bears Super Bowl Shuffle. If you were not around in the 80's it is time you do a quick YouTube search of the famous dance. As I reflect on this event there are multiple things that shock me about the 25th anniversary of this dance phenomenon. Is it shocking that the bears have not won a Super Bowl in 25 years, no that part is not shocking since they have went through about 23 quarter backs since Jim Mcmahon. Also the Chicago Bears did get one other Super Bowl chance when they were out smarted  in the 2007 Super Bowl by mastermind Peyton Manning. As a child I remember running around my yard throwing amazing passes with my Jim Mcmahon sweatband and now I feel old realizing that I have seen those twenty five years fly by. What is most amazing to me is that on this year of the twenty fifth anniversary of the Super Bowl Shuffle the Chicago Bears are one win away from being in the Super Bowl of 2010-2011. Whether you are a Bears fan or not (and I am not), you have to feel a little bit of Bears pride in your heart if you were around for the Super Bowl Shuffle in 1985, isn't there a little Super Bowl Shuffle in all of us? Who can forget Mike Singletary, Jim Mcmahon, Walter Peyton, Refrigerator Perry, and Coach Ditka? And what are the chances the Bears could put up another Super Bowl win and we could see the Super Bowl Shuffle resurrected? With my favorite football team already put out of contention for the Super Bowl, I must admit I am on the Chicago Bears side cheering for another Super Bowl Shuffle. "We are the Bears shufflin through, shufflin on down, doing it for you......" So come on fans everywhere, come on Chicago Bears of 2010-2011, get the world and those of us from the 80's another chance to see the Super Bowl Shuffle.
From the beach.......Da Bears!!!............Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment